A Calgary Restaurant Was Closed Down Due To A 'Important Cockroach Infestation' – Narcity Canada


A Calgary pub and restaurant has been briefly closed after “a number of dwell cockroaches” had been discovered on the premises throughout an Alberta Well being Providers inspection.

The Pig & Duke Neighbourhood Pub location at 12 Avenue S.W. was ordered to briefly shut down by AHS after inspectors discovered cockroaches in meals preparation areas, amongst different Public Well being Act violations.

Within the closure order issued on September 7, AHS mentioned there was “proof of a major cockroach infestation” on the flooring, partitions and ceiling tiles of the again meals preparation space on the restaurant.

“A number of dwell cockroaches” had been observed when trapping units had been moved, the order mentioned.

Different violations had been famous within the report, together with a buildup of meals particles and grease in some hard-to-reach areas and beneath cooking gear in the principle kitchen line and the restaurant’s again preparation space.

Pest management experiences had been additionally not obtainable on-site for inspectors to evaluation.

AHS mentioned the problems on the restaurant might turn out to be “injurious or harmful to the general public well being.”

The Pig & Duke has been ordered to work with an expert pest management firm to eradicate the cockroaches and implement management measures to keep away from any future infestations. Documentation to show the work has been carried out must be submitted to AHS.

It added that till work is accomplished to repair the problems to the satisfaction of the AHS government officer, the situation might want to stay closed.

Jamie Taylor, common supervisor at Pig & Duke, advised Narcity the cockroach problem stemmed from the storage room and chute within the residence constructing that the restaurant resides beneath.

Taylor mentioned the pest problem within the constructing started in January, and the restaurant turned affected this summer time “regardless of all efforts.”

Taylor mentioned the restaurant is “taking all steps to eradicate the pests,” they usually hope to be again open quickly.

The homeowners of the residence constructing advised Narcity there had been pest management contractors within the constructing over the previous few months, however added that a number of pest management experiences in August had proven that the constructing foyer and rubbish space “had been away from any pests.”

“The restaurant is liable for taking good care of their very own pest management,” they added.


Comments are closed.