Central Backyard & Pet Releases Inaugural Influence Report Outlining Sustainability Priorities, Progress and Objectives – Enterprise Wire
WALNUT CREEK, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–As we speak, Central Backyard & Pet Firm (NASDAQ: CENT) (NASDAQ: CENTA) (“Central”), a market chief within the Backyard and Pet industries, launched its inaugural Central Influence Report detailing the corporate’s priorities and strategy to sustainability and environmental, social and governance (ESG) initiatives. Grounded in its function to nurture glad and wholesome houses, Central has embedded its Central Influence Technique into its long-term development agenda in order that sustainable practices will be included into long-term planning and day-to-day enterprise selections.
“At Central Backyard & Pet, we imagine that house is central to life, and we try to be Central to dwelling. That is why we’re dedicated to doing our half to guard the planet, take care of the native communities we serve, and supply a secure and rewarding place to work for the greater than 7,000 devoted Central workers,” stated Tim Cofer, Chief Government Officer, Central Backyard & Pet. “As a result of the Backyard and Pet industries imply an amazing deal to so many, we perceive that we’ve got not solely the chance but in addition the accountability to make a distinction and drive constructive change.”
The corporate’s Central Influence Technique focuses on three priorities, the place the corporate believes it may drive significant change. The corporate will measure its progress throughout 10 important areas, that are embedded inside every of those priorities.
- Defending our Planet: Power & Greenhouse Gases, Water, Waste, Biodiversity
- Cultivating our Communities: Philanthropy, Worker Volunteering, Product Stewardship
- Empowering our Workers: Well being & Security, Range & Inclusion, Studying & Improvement
Over the previous few years, Central has invested in key areas throughout the enterprise to propel this vital work ahead and advance its dedication to turning into a extra sustainable firm. Highlights of progress described within the report embody:
- 80 million kilos of recycled or reused supplies included into Central merchandise
- 3,800 MWh of vitality conserved or diverted from greenhouse gas-emitting sources by means of larger vitality effectivity and use of fresh vitality
- 830 metric tons of greenhouse gases mitigated by means of the usage of clear vitality throughout a number of massive manufacturing websites
- 800 million pollinators supported by means of Central branded wildflower seeds, stay items and pest management merchandise
- $1.7 million in financial and product donations to communities and charitable organizations, together with Habitat for Humanity, Greatest Associates and native colleges and hospitals throughout the nation
- 22% discount in security incidents resulting from improved security measures at our websites
To view the Central Influence Report and be taught extra in regards to the firm’s beliefs, actions and sustainability progress, please go to https://ir.central.com/centralimpact
About Central Backyard & Pet
Central Backyard & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT) (NASDAQ: CENTA) understands that house is central to life and has proudly nurtured glad and wholesome houses for over 40 years. With fiscal 2021 internet gross sales of $3.3 billion, Central is on a mission to guide the way forward for the pet and backyard industries. The Firm’s revolutionary and trusted merchandise are devoted to serving to lawns develop greener, gardens bloom larger, pets stay more healthy and communities develop stronger. Central is dwelling to a number one portfolio of greater than 65 high-quality manufacturers together with Pennington, Nylabone, Kaytee, Amdro and Aqueon, robust manufacturing and distribution capabilities and a passionate, entrepreneurial development tradition. Central Backyard & Pet is predicated in Walnut Creek, California and has over 7,000 workers throughout North America and Europe. For extra details about Central, please go to www.central.com.