First case of West Nile virus this 12 months reported in Mesa County – KJCT
GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KJCT) – For the primary time this 12 months, a human case of West Nile virus has been confirmed in Mesa County.
The individual contaminated is 60-year-old man. He’s presently hospitalized with a extreme type of the illness.
There is no such thing as a remedy for West Nile virus, so prevention is essential.
To guard your self:
- Use Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-registered repellants insect repellants open air.
- Restrict exercise open air throughout nightfall and daybreak, when mosquitos are most energetic.
- Put on lengthy pants, long-sleeve shirts, and socks when open air. Spray garments with insect repellant for additional safety.
To mosquito-proof your private home:
- Drain standing water from tires, flowerpots, cans, clogged gutters, birdbaths, and toys at the very least as soon as every week.
- Set up or restore screens on doorways and home windows.
Copyright 2022 KJCT. All rights reserved.