Highlights from Charlotte Hornets media day – At The Hive
The Charlotte Hornets held their media day on Monday forward of the beginning of coaching camp. Together with numerous images and different shenanigans, a number of the group’s notable members took to the rostrum to reply questions from the media. I’ll give the cliff notes of what they mentioned under. All the full movies will be discovered here.
- Outdoors of the press convention issues, Hayward appears to be like like he’s within the weight room exhausting this offseason. He appears to be like noticeably greater and extra minimize.
- Hayward is happy to play for Steve Clifford. Clifford was the Hornets coach when Hayward signed a suggestion sheet for the group in 2014.
- He reiterated the group’s must focus extra and play with extra effort on the defensive finish of the ground
- Talked lots about how his damage historical past and the way he’s put in loads of work this offseason to have his physique as wholesome as doable. It’s doable the group will use some extra load administration methods with him this season.
- Has been doing two-a-day exercises and received himself a brand new chef to get his physique proper for the season. He’s misplaced about 10-15 kilos from his taking part in weight final season.
- Talked lots concerning the delight he’s taken on the defensive finish of the ground and the way excited he’s to point out what he’s been engaged on
- He’s tremendous excited for the season and the group is tremendous motivated for this season
- Talked about himself as a glue man that’s keen to assist get the group to purchase in for the brand new teaching employees
- Has labored on constructing his recreation this summer time. Stated it’s “tacky” when greats say they attempt to add one thing new to their recreation each offseason.
- It’s been irritating not being within the playoffs after coming from a group that was within the playoffs nearly yearly
- Hopes the group stays slept on so they could be a group on the rise
- Stated he may also help the group enhance its protection by personally being higher on the defensive finish. Took possession for his shortcomings on that finish final season and mentioned he plans on placing extra effort in on that finish this season.
- Stated Gordon Hayward has had a terrific offseason they usually have a plan for his minutes this season
- Stated LaMelo Ball doesn’t have a really lengthy to go to achieve the degrees of Luka and Trae Younger. He’s been working with the teaching employees and a former NBA official to assist him get higher at drawing fouls on the rim.
- Spoke very extremely of the skills Ball has. Talked about his capability to steal the ball and get rebounds defensively. Ball has two or three issues to deal with this offseason to assist him take an enormous step ahead.
- Is happy for Mark Williams as a rim protector and says that sooner or later sooner or later he’ll be capable to shoot threes
- Rattled off a bunch of numbers the place the Hornets excelled final season and the way he thinks the group could make small enhancements across the edges to assist them have extra success
- Talked concerning the distinction between altering the surroundings and altering the tradition. Talked about how essential it’s to get to know the gamers and for the gamers to get to know the coach to construct a tradition.
- Talked about what he realized from his fourth and fifth years in Charlotte, which he mentioned he “didn’t do pretty much as good of a job,” was that he wants to begin from the start yearly by establishing fundamentals and setting expectations.
- Stated Nick Richards has improved greater than another participant on the roster from Summer season League to now
I’m fairly certain there extra interviews, however that’s all that was up on hornets.com in the meanwhile. If extra get posted, it will flip into half one, and we’ll have a component two tomorrow.