How do you fight a rodent infestation?
It occurs in both the rural and urban areas of the countries. Rodents are a constant threat to public health and a costly proposition for farmers. Rodents cause damage that results in a 10% loss of global agricultural production.
With advances in the construction industry and construction sites across the city allowing rodents to enter at will and start reproducing, we often see these little monsters in our home trying to control the rodent infestation problem.
Rodents can cause great damage to your property and pose a health hazard to your family and animals. The best thing you can do is get professional help from a pest control company that will do the job for you.
Tips for controlling rodent infestation
Rodents are one of the most annoying pests. They come in great numbers and can wreak havoc in your home.
The question to ask yourself is, “How can I control rodent infestation in my home?” to get rid of them. There are many ways to do this in an environmentally friendly way.
Here are a few ways you can control rodent infestation:
- Use good hygiene practices to keep it closed at all times.
- Seal all holes; Repair any holes you find and let the professionals do the job for you.
- Place bird or squirrel feeders to prevent access to your home during the day.
- Make sure that seals are in place on all windows and doors; this will prevent them from getting in; they can squeeze through cracks and crevices, but not such small spaces.
- Try to use rodent bait fishing gear instead of resorting to poison for fear of harming pets or children.
- Take away all of the accommodations so they can access your home. You can do this by removing piles of wood, scraps of furniture, etc. Rodents need hiding places when it is light.
- You should avoid using rodent bait poison as this stuff can get pets and children and injure themselves with it; Catching is the way to go.
- Avoid using poison in any form around your pet as it could accidentally get inside.
- Make sure that any food you throw out in trash cans or plastic bags is out of the reach of rodents.
- Make sure there are no unsealed wells accessible for these pests.
- Keep all food and waste in airtight containers and away from walls that provide shelter for access.
Rodents like rats and mice can pose a threat in storage areas, especially if they feed on the food stored in them. These rodents are difficult to get rid of once they make their way into your storage area.
However, if you follow a few tips, you can make sure the infestation is not a problem for you and that you can keep your food safe. Turn to professionals like Empire Pest Control (https://www.empirepestcontrol.co.uk/) in London for all kinds of pest removal services.