Roaches, rodents, clogged sinks: Restaurant closures, inspection in San Bernardino County, April 21-28 – San Bernardino County Solar
Listed here are the eating places and different meals amenities that San Bernardino County well being inspectors quickly shut down due to imminent well being hazards between April 21 and 28, 2022.
Boonsee Thai Kitchen, 11368 Kenyon Approach Suite G, Rancho Cucamonga
- Closed: April 26
- Grade: Not graded (most up-to-date was 90/A in April 2021)
- Purpose: Cockroach infestation. The restaurant had been shut down April 12 due to a cockroach infestation — the inspector reported seeing more than 100 roaches — and a sewage overflow. It was permitted to reopen April 19, although the inspector did see a number of dying roaches. In a follow-up every week later, an inspector noticed three stay roaches, one other that was dying and extra that had been lifeless, so the allow was suspended once more.
- Reopened: April 27 after pest management visited once more. The inspector noticed two dying nymph cockroaches. One other follow-up was deliberate in every week.
Happyvege Group Inc. (Happy Family Vegetarian), 2150 S. Waterman Ave. Suite C, San Bernardino
- Closed: April 22
- Grade: 92/A
- Purpose: Rodent infestation. The inspector noticed a lifeless mouse on a sticky entice in a storage space, and extreme contemporary and previous droppings all through the storage space, kitchen and entrance service space.
- Reopened: April 25
Tom’s Original Super Burgers, 9291 Sierra Ave., Fontana
- Closed: April 22
- Grade: 76/C
- Purpose: Clogged sinks. Ground sinks had been clogged, and whereas no sewage was backing up, it left the kitchen unable to make use of the handwashing sink. The clogged sinks and incapacity to scrub palms had been each crucial violations, and there was a 3rd for the restaurant having a severely dented can of ketchup in storage.
- Reopened: Earlier than the inspector left that day, as soon as the operator was in a position to right the difficulty
Ruby Thai Kitchen, 500 Inland Heart Drive House 109, San Bernardino
- Closed: April 21
- Grade: 95/A
- Purpose: Cockroach infestation. The inspector noticed an “extreme” variety of roaches, largely beneath a fridge. Most of them had been nymph (child) roaches.
- Reopened: April 22; the inspector noticed two lifeless roaches however no stay ones. One other reinspection was deliberate.
Non-closure inspections of notice
Listed here are chosen inspections at amenities that weren’t closed however had different important points.
Sushi One Spot, at 10990 Foothill Blvd. Unit 110 in Rancho Cucamonga, was inspected April 25 in response to a foodborne illness complaint. It obtained a grade of 74/C with two crucial violations. There was “a heavy accumulation” of pink slime and black mould within the ice machine, with condensation dripping over it into the ice. Additionally, a sushi chef didn’t correctly clear a knife. Among the many 13 different violations, fish cake wasn’t being defrosted safely; containers of sauce, to-go containers, plates, paper towels and portion cups had been being saved instantly on the ground; and the ground was famous to be soiled with meals particles and trash. An inspector went back the next day and located black mold-like flecks nonetheless contained in the ice machine. Additionally, the C grade card, which is required to be displayed prominently for patrons, had been moved behind the shop hours signal. When an inspector returned a day later, the ice machine was clear however the C grade card had been moved once more to the underside of the window. The inspector once more put it again in its unique spot and warned them to not transfer it.
The Yum Yum Donuts at 9886 Central Ave. in Montclair was inspected April 25 and obtained a grade of 80/B with one crucial violation. Containers of deli meat, dairy and sliced tomatoes had been at unsafe temperatures in a fridge that wasn’t retaining chilly. Among the many 10 different violations, there was brown mould within the ice machine (not touching ice).
Mariscos El Guero Baja Style Ceviche Bar, at 4200 Chino Hills Parkway Suite 115 in Chino Hills, which obtained a 76/C on April 18, was visited in response to a criticism April 19 that somebody noticed an worker take away the C grade card from the window, and when the particular person drove by the subsequent day, it was nonetheless lacking. When an inspector stopped by April 21, the grade card was not on show and the supervisor mentioned it had been eliminated simply that morning for window cleansing.
Peko Peko, at 4183 Chino Hills Parkway Suite D in Chino Hills, was inspected April 21 and obtained a grade of 83/B with two crucial violations. A number of containers of meals had been at unsafe temperatures, with hen soup and hen oil ignored for hours and different gadgets in a melted ice bathtub. Additionally, containers of curry and pork broth cooked the day earlier than nonetheless hadn’t cooled all the way down to a protected temperature. About 70 kilos of meals needed to be thrown away.
Burgertown USA, at 222 E. Redlands Blvd. in Redlands, was inspected April 21 and obtained a grade of 84/B with one crucial violation. A tuna patty, cheese, eggs and sliced tomatoes had been at unsafe temperatures. Among the many 10 different violations, there have been a dozen lifeless roaches beneath the dishwashing sink, holes within the ceiling, mould within the ice machine (not touching ice) and heavy meals particles on the vegetable slicer. The inspector went back April 26 after the restaurant known as pest management, and located one stay roach and a number of lifeless ones. One other reinspection was deliberate inside every week to verify there was no infestation.
The Deli, at 16975 Sierra Lakes Parkway Suite 200 in Fontana, which obtained a grade of 64 on March 23 and was shut down for a day for scoring beneath 70, underwent a compulsory rescore inspection April 21. This time it received an 85/B, with nearly all of the violations being points that weren’t mounted or improper practices repeated from earlier than. Two of the eight violations had been marked as crucial: An worker didn’t wash palms appropriately, and a container of grilled onions had been left at room temperature for about three hours.
About this checklist
This checklist is printed on-line on Fridays. Any updates as eating places are reopened will likely be included in subsequent week’s checklist.
All meals amenities within the county are routinely inspected to make sure they meet well being codes. A facility loses 4 factors for every crucial violation and one to a few factors for minor violations. An A grade (90 to 100 factors) is taken into account “typically superior,” a B grade (80 to 89) is “typically acceptable” and a C grade (70 to 79) is “typically unacceptable” and requires a follow-up inspection. A facility will likely be quickly closed if it scores beneath 70 or has a crucial violation that may’t be corrected instantly.
For extra info on inspections of those or any eating places in San Bernardino County, go to www.sbcounty.gov/dph/ehsportal/FacilityList/food. To file a well being criticism, go to www.sbcounty.gov/dph/ehsportal/StaticComplaint or name 800-442-2283.